In 1934, at Colle Arsiccio (Magione), near lake Trasimeno, a votive deposit was found. It is made up of bronzes and terracottas, dating from the VI century b.C. to the Constantinian age. The terracottas can be divided into two groups: the "naked" ones, that represent typologies of the Hellenistic age (swaddling babies, crouching children, kourotrophoi) and the glazed ones. The latter are products of the Imperial age, connected with a Mithraic worship (pinax with scene of tauroctony, "foculi", glassware with snakes, votive statues), which incorporates the Hellenistic cult, devoted to Artumes. The Mithraeum of Colle Arsiccio settles in a thick system of Mithraic places, appeared during Roman age, in the hearth of central Italy.
|Titolo:||Una testimonianza del culto mitriaco a Colle Arsiccio di Magione (PG)|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2008|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||2.1 Articolo su rivista |
File in questo prodotto:
|rda2006.pdf||Documento in Post-print||Accesso chiuso-personale||Riservato|